Thursday, May 5, 2011
Crispy Oven Baked Fries
Oh what a week. It has been exams after exams and another exam to happen in a few days time. I apologize for the long wait for the post and for the short entry you will soon realize. I made these fries on Sunday and boy were they good. Pity there isn't duck fat lying anywhere near my fridge or I will pop a bottle of champagne to go with these.
A simple recipe you will find, I hope you will enjoy it. I'm a little exhausted, I'll see you soon. Bye!
4 large russet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into 1/4 inch sticks
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
100ml light olive oil or duck fat + extra for greasing
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven 220C.
- Firstly, we want to infuse the oil with garlic. Put garlic into a saucepan, fill it with oil and bring it to sizzling simmer on medium heat. Turn off the heat and allow garlic oil mixture to cool for 15-30 mins.
- After slicing your potatoes, thoroughly pat them dry with paper towels.
- Remove garlic from oil with a strainer.
- Toss potatoes with garlic oil and sprinkle generously with sea salt.
- Grease two baking sheet generously.
- Spread the potatoes onto the two baking sheets and bake them in the oven for 25-35 mins or until nicely browned and crispy.
- When done, carefully transfer the fries into a bowl and toss it with onion powder and paprika. Check for seasoning and add more salt if needed. Add some dried parsley if you fancy.
- Serve with homemade tomato ketchup, aioli or tomato sauce. Enjoy it with sparkling wine.