Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Slider-Style Mini Burgers
TV, beer and these little burgers make a great occasion for the regular heterosexual dude. They are filled with seasoned ground beef and they have cheese. You see now don't you? They cannot go wrong.
Makes 10 little burgers
500g ground beef
1 tbsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chicken stock powder
1/4 tsp ground thyme
2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
a dash of worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup freshly made mayonnaise or store mayonnaise with 2 tsp dijon mustard
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
5 medium butter rolls or 10 dinner rolls, split in halves
sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
- Mix beef with onion powder, garlic powder, ground thyme, sugar, worcestershire, stock powder, black pepper.
- In a pan on medium heat, add oil and saute beef mixture.
- Once meat is nicely browned, taste and check for seasoning. Add salt if desired. Drain off excess fat and set aside in a bowl to cool.
- When the beef mixture has cooled, add in cheese and mayonnaise. Stir.
- Cover a baking tray with aluminum foil and grease with cooking spray or simply rub it evenly with oil.
- Divide the beef mixture into the bottom half of the rolls and replace the top half.
- Cover the top with another sheet of greased foil.
- Bake in oven until cheese melts and when the sliders are heated through. about 15-20mins.
- If using butter rolls, slice them into half(as seen on the first picture on top). Serve with fries and/or pickles.