Monday, February 7, 2011
Simple Green Tea Cake
The oven at my house has a weird quirk. It auto-fluctuates temperature. Like how women auto-fluctuate their emotions. It's cute but sadly, it has cost me many failed recipes. My oven may auto-fluctuate but one thing's for sure, I'm not giving up.
I stuck to my gut and made a simple recipe(in case it goes bad again), a green tea pound cake. With only 6 ingredients to mix, this indeed, is a piece of cake. Best of all, it tastes great.
2 large eggs
1 cup plain flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 Tbsp matcha (green tea powder)
1/2 tsp baking powder
-Preheat oven 340F/175C.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and matcha powder.
- Cream butter in a bowl. Add sugar in the butter and mix well. Gradually add beaten eggs and stir well.
- Sift flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Gently stir and incorporate the ingredients.
- Pour batter into an 8 inch buttered loaf pan.
- Bake for 30-40mins. Insert something sharp like a toothpick into the center, if it comes out dry, the cake is ready.
- Serve with chocolate fudge or simply enjoy it by itself.