Sunday, February 20, 2011
Proper Garlic Bread
It's Sunday, my day off. No typing today.
makes 14 slices
3 cloves of garlic, peeled
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp chopped parsley
sea salt and black pepper
1 long baguette or 2 small ones
- In a blender, blitz garlic, and oil. Pour mixture into a small saucepan and heat it up on low.
- Once garlic mixture starts to bubble, turn off the heat and allow it to cool. Doing this will infuse the flavors into the oil.
- When mixture has cooled, add in chopped parsley. Stir. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Slice baguette(s) diagonally so you get nice discs of bread. Using a brush, dip into garlic/parsley mixture and brush on the surface of your bread discs.
- Serve warm with soup or mussels.