Friday, August 6, 2010
Rosemary-roasted cubed potatoes on the go.
I love something that is easy to make, with as little chances of going wrong as possible-especially when i'm having friends over. This is your new ally. And the picture below is me thinking it's a good idea to touch a grill going at 220 degrees.
Moving on to our new friend, rosemary potatoes.
Rosemary-roasted cubed potatoes
By Jamie Oliver
600g waxy potatoes (such as New/Red/Boiling potato)
A sprig of fresh rosemary, leaves picked (easily available at ntuc finest and cold storage)
5 cloves of garlic (a clove being a segment of a garlic)
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
2. Cut potatoes into 2.5cm cubes and place them in a large pan of cold, salted water and bring to boil. Drain immediately in a colander and let them steam for a couple of minutes until they dry out a little.
3. Bash up rosemary leaves in a pestle and mortar. Smash garlic leaving skin on.
4. Heat some olive oil in a roasting tray ( i used a baking pan and heated up the olive oil on a saucepan and transferred over ). Remove from heat, add garlic cloves, potatoes and rosemary.
5. Season with some black pepper and salt. Toss together until well coated.
6. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Shake tray every now and then. Ready when potatoes are golden and crispy. Remove garlic skin at the end.
(Sprinkle more salt according to your tastes.)